The Board of Directors has named Erwin Mayer as the Executive Director of St. Leonard’s Ministries.
The Board and Staff of St. Leonard’s Ministries welcomes Erwin Mayer as our acting Executive Director. He began his work in this role on May 9th, 2016. Erwin brings to the agency the gifts of financial acumen as well as the management skills we need as the agency navigates these challenging times. He is passionate about the work of re-entry and committed to working with the board, staff and residents as we strengthen and deepen our work.
We are deeply grateful to Walter Boyd, who concluded his work at St. Leonard’s on May 6th, 2016, for the dedication and energy he has brought to the agency over the past three years as our Executive Director and we wish him well as he uses his considerable gifts in new endeavors.
David P. Jones
St. Leonard’s Board President
This notice describes how this agency will use and protect the information about you that is entered into Chicago’s HMIS client information system and your rights to decide how your information is shared. The policies stated in the Standard Agency Privacy Practices Notice can be amended at any time. Please read the full Standard Agency Privacy Practices Notice for more details.
Why we collect your information
• We use the personal information to run our programs and to help us improve services.
• We use the information to get a more accurate picture of individuals and families who are homeless and to identify the need for different services.
• We are required to collect some personal information by organizations that fund our program.
Agency use of your information
• Information will be entered into Chicago’s HMIS computerized client information system and shared with other agencies unless you specifically request otherwise.
• Your personal information entered into Chicago’s HMIS will be shared only as permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
• Your information will be removed from the database after 7 years of inactivity.
Your benefits to providing information
• By providing your information, we may be able to reduce the amount of information we have to ask you when you receive services at another agency.
• We can use your information to more quickly identify services you may need and those for which you are eligible.
• We use HMIS to reduce the amount of time we spend on preparing reports to our funders allowing us to provide more services to you.
Your rights and choices
• You have the right to request a copy of the Standard Agency Privacy Practices Notice from this agency.
• You have the right to change your mind about allowing your information to be shared with other Chicago HMIS partner agencies.
• You have a right to review the personal information that we have about you. If you find mistakes you can request they be corrected.
• You have a right to file a complaint if you feel that your data privacy rights have been violated.
Agency Information (hereinafter “this agency”)
St. Leonard’s Ministries
2100 West Warren Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60612
HMIS Lead Agency Information:
Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness
651 W. Washington, Suite 504
Chicago, IL 60661
General Summary: The Development Director provides vision and leadership to staff, board and volunteers in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development program to accommodate the short- and long-term needs of St. Leonard’s Ministries. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the senior management team. The Development Director serves as key liaison to the Board of Directors, Development Committee and external constituencies, including individuals, community groups, corporations, foundations and churches / church groups.
•Lead the design and implementation of the annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and the Development Committee.
•Prepare and implement annual fundraising activities, such as mail appeals, individual solicitation, community giving, corporate sponsorships, church / church group giving, special events and grant writing.
•Maintain relationships with and complete applications for all non-contractual funding sources.
•Research and develop new funding streams.
•Personally participate in major gift fundraising activities, maintaining contact with significant donor prospects and donors.
•Plan and coordinate donor relationship-building activities (cultivation, recognition, stewardship).
•Provide leadership and support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, the Development Committee and other volunteer fundraising groups; strengthen their abilities to participate in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors.
•Prepare and oversee publication of all communication materials and public relations activities.
•Create and maintain the infrastructure needed to support development activities, including the donor database system, information management, fundraising policies and procedures.
•Create new strategies to advance fundraising and institutional efforts.
•Become active in and represent the organization in professional, community and service organizations.
•Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
•Minimum 2-3 years of professional development experience, especially grant writing, individual giving and board/volunteer relations.
•Demonstrated experience in meeting fundraising goals.
•Strong leadership, organizational and communications skills.
•Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with board members, volunteers, donors and staff.
•Proficiencies in fundraising software and information management.
•Commitment to the mission and philosophy of St. Leonard’s Ministries.
Resumes may be submitted to:
The Sister Jean Hughes Adult High School will hold its graduation at 11:00 AM on Saturday, Dec. 5th at at St. Malachy Catholic Church, 2248 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago.
This graduation is a celebration of hard work and dedication.
We invite you to join us on this special day.